A trigger point is a group of knots in your muscles. When using a trigger point release you use firm pressure and have the person inhale and then slowly exhale. That allows the muscles to contract when they inhale and then relax as they exhale through their mouths. As they relax you can go deeper into the tissue. If it's a true trigger point the muscle will twitch when it begins to release. Use your thumbs and start at the base of the neck on both sides of the spine pressing outward about two inches. Make sure the person is breathing in and out as you work on the muscles. As you work on the trigger point it will feel like popping bubble wrap as the bubble pops. Trigger points can be anywhere in the body but a lot of them end up in the shoulders and back. Then after the trigger point has been worked out use some basic Swedish moves to get the blood flowing. Once the trigger points are worked out the person will begin feeling much better.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades