Shin splints are a form of inflammation and they come when you are probably running or doing some kind of physical activity too aggressively. So really, truly, the best thing for shin splints is rest. Ice is also another good way to get some relief from shin splints. And usually it is this area of the shin that is going to be bothering you the most. If you do want to try some massage techniques that can really help as well. Get expert tips and advice on massage and other treatments in this how-to video.
Massage in one long, firm stroke
Press down on the muscle
Use thumb to apply pressure
Ask person if they are comfortable
About this Author
Malu works for Retreat Massage Therapy as a massage therapist. She is well versed in techniques that are particularly helpful for athletes.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades