The deltoids are the muscles near and above your shoulders. It goes on the front of the arm and it goes on the back of the arm to the shoulder. It gets really tight sometimes. One thing you want to find out from your person before you are doing a stretch on them on any part of the body is to make sure that they don't have any range of motion issues or any dislocations of the joint. Get expert tips and advice on massage and other treatments in this how-to video.
Ask about range of motion issues
Avoid stretching problem areas
Gently pull on the arm
About this Author
Malu works for Retreat Massage Therapy as a massage therapist. She is well versed in techniques that are particularly helpful for athletes.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades